Continuing Education Opportunities - - Updated: 2/12/2023
From MedBridge Education https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/a/scott-yaruss
(Use the code "Yaruss" for a substantial discount)
Early Childhood Stuttering Therapy (3-part course)
- Evaluating Stuttering in Young Children
- Treating Stuttering in Young Children: Working with Families
- Speech Therapy to Treat Stuttering in the Young Child
School-Age Stuttering Therapy (3-part course)
- Evaluating Stuttering in School-Age Children
- Setting A Foundation For Therapy & Packing The Stuttering Toolbox
- Addressing the Reactions of the Child and the Environment
Counseling Skills for SLPs (3-part course)
- Understanding Counseling and the Process of Change
- Skills for Helping Clients Succeed in Therapy
- Counseling Skills: Using the Skilled Helper Model
Minimizing Bullying for Children Who Stutter (2-part course)
Developing skills for measuring stuttering (2-part course)
Nina’s and Scott’s appearances on the SLPNerdcast podcast: https://www.slpnerdcast.com
- School-age stuttering: I’m so confused about the strategies!
- School-age Stuttering: What SLPs need to know before they start
- Stuttering Therapy: I don’t know what to tell parents and teachers!
- What’s New in Stuttering Therapy?
From SpeechTherapyPD.com: https://www.speechtherapypd.com/
From SpeechPathology.com: https://www.speechpathology.com/
- 20 Questions: Early Childhood Stuttering - Less-Direct and More-Direct Treatment (Yaruss & Reeves)
- School-Age Stuttering Therapy: Essentials for SLPs
- Measuring Quality of Life in People who Stutter
From Northern Speech Services: https://www.northernspeech.com/
- Stuttering: Current Concepts and Guidance for Intervention
- Stuttering: Treating the Entire Disorder
- School-Age Stuttering: Practical Therapy Activities
Other Learning Opportunities
These may or may not offer CEs but provide great information!
From StutterTalk.com: A podcast with more than 700 episodes of educational programs and honest discussions about stuttering. Listen to them all!
Here are a few StutterTalk episodes with the STR team:
- Can Articulation and Phonology Treatment Lead to Stuttering (Yaruss; Ep. 613)
- Stuttering and Acceptance (Yaruss; Ep. 369)
- Quality of Life and the OASES (Yaruss & Quesal, Ep. 210)
- Research Findings on the Benefits of Self-Help (Yaruss; Stuttering101, Ep. 17)
- Risk Factors and Recovery for Preschoolers (Yaruss, 1/31/2009)
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health and Documenting Treatment Outcomes (Yaruss, 1/31/2009)
- Dr. Lee Reeves, Mutual Aid Pioneer from the National Stuttering Association (L Reeves, Ep. 96)
- Stuttering Modification, Fluency Shaping and an Integrated Approach to Stuttering Therapy (N Reeves, 12/20/2008)
- When Therapy Falls Short for Children who Stutter (N. Reeves, Ep. 451)
- The One about Stuttering with Nina Reeves
- The One about Building Confidence with Stuttering with Nina Reeves and Scott Yaruss
Transcending Stuttering podcast
from Schneider Speech
- J Scott Yaruss #1
- J Scott Yaruss #2
- Lee Reeves
- Nina Reeves Masterclass – School-Age Stuttering: IEPs done right
From other sources
- Scott's appearance on the "Stutter with Confidence" podcast with Mike Wilson
- Lee's appearance on Tim Mackesey's podcast
We hope you enjoy this resource. Please share it with your colleagues and don't forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter to get exclusive content and early notification of new products!
As always, don't forget to follow us on social media!