Edited by Carolyn Cheasman, Rachel Everard, and Sam Simpson
Offered in the US by agreement with our colleagues at J&R Press, UK. International customers should purchase directly from J&R Press.
This book brings the richness of contemporary stammering (stuttering) therapy for adolescents and adults into the public domain. By including many innovative and previously undocumented approaches, it broadens the discourse and extends the boundaries of thinking about stammering theory. The majority of chapters are co-authored by therapists and clients in order to deepen our knowledge of therapy and access recent trends in narrative-based practice.
Chapters explore the following therapy approaches:
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- The City Lit, London, integrated approach to stammering therapy
- 1:1 therapy revisited
- Interiorized (covert) stammering therapy
- Working with teenagers in groups
- Narrative therapy
- Mindfulness and stammering
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Feelings and stammering
- Stammering, imagework and self-esteem
Paperback, ISBN: 978-1-907826-07-8
Copyright © 2013 J&R Press, Ltd, Surrey, UK
Distributed in the United States by Stuttering Therapy Resources.